Compiling the application
AI Sandbox is written in Java, with the source code hosted on GitHub (using the GPLv3 licence). So to compile it you will need to:
- Install a recent JDK from Oracle or one of the OpenJDK distributions. You will need JDK version 11 or above.
- Install Apache Maven, this is the build management tool we use.
- Download the latest version of the source code from GitHub; use the “clone or download” button.
- Extract the directory structure to your hard drive.
- Open a terminal / command prompt, change to the directory where you extracted the source, and type
- When compiling for the first time, Maven will download a lot of libraries to include in the application. This may take a while, but subsequent compilations will be faster.
- Making changes to the code is far easier with an IDE that supports Maven projects. We recomend IntelliJ IDEA or Apache Netbeans.